San Diego Association of Governments | SANDAG
San Diego, California
Independent Performance Auditor
Salary: $165,449 to $256,446 DOQ
SANDAG offers comprehensive benefits, to include health, dental, and vision insurance as well as employee assistance, wellness, and work/life balance programs.
First resume review: Monday, June 26, 2023.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join the San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG), a $1.2 billion regional government agency, as the Independent Performance Auditor (IPA).
This position is structurally independent, reporting to the SANDAG Board of Directors via its Audit Committee comprised of three public members with technical qualifications and two members of the SANDAG Board. Independence is further enhanced by contractual protection that the IPA can’t be terminated without cause and a two-thirds vote by both the Audit Committee and SANDAG Board of Directors.
SANDAG’s Audit Committee and Board of Directors seek a highly experienced, executive-level government auditor with significant experience reporting directly to a board, city council or other independent body (i.e., audit committee).
The following characteristics are expected in the successful candidate:
- Professional designation as a Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Internal Auditor.
- At least 10 years of increasingly responsible performance auditing in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS). This experience will include at least five years of management and supervisory experience.
- Willingness to be a “working” IPA.
- Ability to develop risk assessments for a complex organization.
- Excellent government auditing knowledge and audit management skills.
- Excellent people and leadership skills.
- Ability to create annual work plans for impactful audits based on risk assessment within the context of available staff resources.
- Ability to be apolitical and effective in a highly political and “open government” environment.
- Outstanding public presentation and written communication skills.
- Personal fortitude, ethical practices and integrity consistent with the structural independence of this position.
To apply, please submit your resume (including dates of employment), cover letter, the names of six work-related references (two each for current or former supervisors, direct reports, and colleagues), and a copy of a recent audit report you have completed (either PDF/ Word Document, or link) to: https://www.cpshr.us/recruitment/2215
For more information contact:
CPS HR Consulting
To view an online brochure for this position visit: https://executivesearch.cpshr.us/flyer?file=APPROVEDSANDAGIPAFlipbook.pdf
San Diego Association of Governments website: https://www.sandag.org
The San Diego Association of Governments is an equal opportunity employer.